7.01.2008

All Grown Up...

Carson had his 15 month checkup today. He has only gained half a pound in the past three months! He's in the 10-25% in weight and 50% in height. I guess we need to beef him up a little bit. And can I just say how much I hate, hate, hate it when they have to get shots. He had three today, 2 in the leg and one on his little hip, it was so sad. The stupid nurse was training some guy so she was taking her sweet time and I wanted to shove the needle in her leg!! Carson was screaming and shaking, looking up at me to save him...I hate it! So...after we made a trip to Toys R Us for a little shopping! I know he's spoiled but I couldn't help it. We ended up leaving with a basketball hoop, a book, and a set of crayons with a coloring pad. Those are his 2 new favorite things, coloring and Basketball. Well, basketball has always been his favorite but now times it by ten! He was so excited about it. Carson was in his highchair when Chris came home and the first thing he did was point over to the hoop and say "ba ball" (basketball), he was so excited to show his daddy. The funny thing is that he hadn't even played with it for the past 3 hours, he was just way too excited to tell him about it! It's stuff like that that makes me realize how grown up he is. It's kinda sad, but I love this age, he catches on to stuff so fast and loves to make us laugh.

He learned how to dribble but he knows that it works better on a hard surface so he always takes it over to the tile floor before he starts....so smart!



These little Crayola Beginnings crayons are great, they are washable and they fit perfectly in there little hands, he loves them!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Im so glad your alive! j/k I knew you were:) How fun to go to Lake Powell! I have never been but it looks nice and Carson is so cute in his little swimgear! I know what you mean about shots. I hate when they have to get those, I almost cry everytime. Keep up the posts!

Kerilee Law said...

He is absolutely adorable! JT is in the 10% for his weight too - he's tall and skinny so we're working on the "beefing up" as well.

Jenny said...

Shots get worse as they get older. Then they know whats going on and think you are so mean for making them do it. You should request for two nurses to do them at the same time. That's what I always do. It goes way faster that way. Poor Carson!

Stef said...

He is getting so big!!! It's nice to know you guys are alive!!! I miss my lil guy! and you guys..I hope you can make it to our show on july 19th!! (it's on a saturday) it would be awesome to have my family there!

Kim Hutchens said...

He is getting so big! I haven't seen him walk yet! Where have you guys been, geez?! :) I think it's BBQ time. I have been craving one of Chris's hamburgers and you can't deprive a pregnant lady of one of her cravings! :)

Anonymous said...

Carson is adorable-Zach was just staring at his pictures!I hope I get to babysit him again soon! Love ya and hope to see you at the reunion@

Stevie said...

I'm glad to see that you guys are doing good! It's amazing how life can get really crazy, summer time is so busy with trips and stuff! I can't believe Carson is getting so big! So is James he's already over 10 lbs. and smiles all the time! So Fun!