7.24.2008

Texas

Well it has been a busy summer and I can't believe that it's already almost August! I really am going to try and make an effort to start blogging more. I just got back from a trip to Texas to see my sister, and we had so much fun. My mom, sister in law, Chloe, Carson and I all flew out for a week. When we bought our tickets we decided to go cheaper and get a connecting flight, BAD IDEA!! We got to the airport at 3:00 because we were supposed to fly out at 5:15 but it turns out we were delayed until 7:15, ya 4 hours! It was a nightmare! We flew to Denver thinking we would barely make our next flight, we rushed to the gate (you should have seen us with 2 babies and all our bags, we got quite a few stares) and yes that flight was delayed an hour! We finally got onto the plane at 10:30 and got into Texas at about 1:00! Let's just say it was a day I'll never forget, we laugh about it now but it truly was miserable! I will gladly pay double next time to get there on one flight, lesson learned! Anyway.....the week went by way too fast, we had so much fun! We shopped almost every day! They had a really fun pool so we went swimming a few times and the kids loved it. We went to the aquarium on Saturday and it was packed but we still had a good time. I think that's the only place I took pictures. The kids were such troopers, we drug them around from mall to mall, they were sleep deprived all week and they were still sooo good besides a few minor tantrums! It was sad to leave but it was so good to get home and see Chris, luckily we had no delays coming back!

All of us at the aquarium





Chloe and Carson were so cute on this trip! At first Carson didn't know what to think about Chloe, she loves to give hugs and was always wanting to hold Carson's hand and give him kisses. Those of you who know Carson know that he likes his personal space, as soon as he saw Chloe coming for him he looked at anyone close to save him! By the end of the trip he had really warmed up to her and they were so cute!




This one's my favorite! Chloe had just figured out how to take off her own diaper, Carson was laying on his blanky crying and Chloe just got down right by him and gave him a hug, so sweet!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, so fun! Flying with little kids is miserable in general. Those pics of Chloe and Carson are so cute! Especially the naked one!

Chantri said...

Cute pictures! I've never have flown with my children but I not in any hurry too!!!

Amber said...

I did your mom's hair today and she was telling me about the nightmare of a flight! I'm glad you had fun once you got there though. Sounds like they have great shopping there, I might need to make a trip down to see jess:)

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again, I was starting to get a little worried about you! You look gorgeous as always!