4.23.2008

Off to California.....

Chris and I are headed off for a much needed vacation! We fly out tonight, and I'm having mixed emotions! My mom came down to watch Carson for 5 Days....I don't think I've ever been away from him for more than 24 hours so it's going to be tough! We are going with a couple of our friends and no kids allowed! Don't get me wrong I'm super excited, I just don't want to leave my boy for that long....at least I know he's in good hands!!

Good News!! Carson took his first steps, granted they were sideways but that still counts right!? He was walking along the coffee table, got to the edge and just kept going! It was pretty funny to watch him realize he wasn't holding on anymore, he panicked and dropped to his bum. His physical therapists said that he probably wouldn't walk until about 15 months so I guess he's trying to prove them wrong! Chris and I were both so excited and kept trying to get him to do it again, but no such luck! I guess he'll do it on his own time.

I seriously haven't posted anything forever so I'm trying to catch up! This last weekend Chris parents came up for a few days and I got to watch our nephew Blake. We had so much fun together coloring, playing legos, hanging out at the park and everything else 5 year olds like to do. It was nice to have some company during the day. He comes up with the funniest things and is cute as ever. He was so good with Carson and I just had to share these cute pictures. It was good to be able to spend time with family, we love you guys!




Well...I'll be home Monday and fill everyone in on our fun trip! I hope everyone has a good week!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so excited for you to go on a fun vacation with your hubby! I'm a little worried for you though- I'm a complete mess about the 2nd day away! I hope you can enjoy your well deserved time! Let me know how you do~!

Kelli said...

Oh my heck, he is so freakin cute, I just found your blog. I am so excited, I can't believe I didn't know you guys had one. You guys are going to have a blast on the vaca, I'm jealous, we need to get together, the kids would have so fun together. Keep in touch. chadandkel.blogspot.com

Amber said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want a vacation so bad. Me and Broc want to go somewhere together (alone). It's nice to get away sometimes. Have tonz of fun and don't worry Carson is in great hands!

Kyle and Michelle said...

Hey Natalie this is Michelle (Woolf) Stoddard. Your little boy is so dang cute! So I think that Brayden (my little guy goes to the same physical therapist as yours. His name is Ben. By orem hospital. Brayden just graduated from going there so we are very happy. now we just have to graduate him from the helmet and we will be set to go. Your fam is is cute. Have fun in California. (I left Brayden for a week to go to New York, it was so hard!!!)

Nick and Brent said...

Have fun on your trip! It's hard to be away from the little guy, but so nice for a little break. And it's great when they're with family because you can relax more on your trip. Have fun! And congrats on the first steps for Carson!

Jo~ said...

i hope you had a blast in san fran.

thanks for watching blake, i bet he had a blast with you and carson.

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE his hair. tell your sister thank you!