3.13.2008

All is Well


I'm so glad today is over! We went to the hospital at 6:15 so we woke up at 5:15, way too early! I don't remember the last time I woke up that early and I never want to do it again! And Of course even when we got there we had to wait forever! There were so many kids waiting too, I didn't realize how many kids have to get tubes but they were calling kids back almost every 15 minutes, which made us relax a little. We finally got called back, and they weighed him, (22 lbs) he's getting so big. Then we had to put him in this little T-shirt he's wearing, so cute! It was so sad when the nurse came to take him, he cried and reached for us like "why are you letting him take me?" I felt so bad, but I didn't cry!! Seriously the surgery took like 15 minutes, it was super fast. When we went to go get him he wasn't quite out of it yet, he was all floppy and delerious. He cried for about 20 minutes straight until he finally realized he was ok. We had to wait for the doctor to bring us our perscription and then we left, I don't think we were there longer than 2 hours. I thought for sure that Carson would be onrey the rest of the day but as soon as we got home he was laughing and playing with his toys, night and day difference! I took this picture before I put him down for his nap, which by the way was 2 1/2 hours! It gave me a chance to catch up on my sleep. We went back to the doctors office later to do a follow up and she said everything looks perfect! I'm so glad we did it and I'm sure Carson is to! Hopefully no more ear infections!

7 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

I have been worried for you all day...I am so glad to hear everything went good. He looks so happy..what a good little guy. I am impressed you didnt cry...I would have been a mess!

Broc said...

He is so dang cute, I am glad he is doing good. I had to get Brylee an EKG once and I cried so I am proud of you for not crying!

Chantri said...

I am so happy everything went great. I have thought about you all day long! Carson is such a little stud muffin! Oh I bet he is feeling so good...way to be brave through it all. I can't believe how fast it all was!

Sarah and Adam said...

Natalie, this is Sarah Barnes Hamilton. I know, weird, but Kim found my blog the other day. You guys look like you have so much fun--all the girls! It's fun to be able to see what you're up to!

The Jensen's said...

His little gown is so cute. Mac had to put on an actual hospital gown (toddler size of course) and it was so cute. But of course, no one had a camera. Glad it is over and you can move past this. Wasn't him trying to wake back up miserable. It's times like that your heart just breaks for these little guys.

the Virgins said...

He looks so cute in his little shirt! Im sad i couldnt come with you. I miss him already! Im glad he is feeling better..cant wait to come see him. love ya!

Kerilee Law said...

So glad it went smoothly!